Instagram Story often chooses the background color based on the overall color of the photo or video you want to use.
But there are ways you can change the background color of your Instagram Story.
One is in making a solid-color background in Create Mode of Instagram Stories, and the other one is using 3D-Touch technology, only available to iPhone users.
Change the background color of the Instagram story
Create Mode Solid-Colour
Creating a solid color background is one of the most wanted hacks when it comes to Instagram stories.
However, this method can be used only in the Create Mode. So, if you want to upload a photo to your Instagram story, this can’t help you.
In the Instagram Create Mode, type your desired text, tap next, and go to the pen section of the stories at the top. Then tap on the marker option and choose your desired color from the pallet at the bottom of the screen.
On the left side, you’ll see a bar. It allows you to pick the right size of the pen. Drag to the top to get the biggest possible size of the marker. Now drag your finger all over the screen and color it fully. Now you have a solid color background.
Now you can enjoy your desired background color, not limited to options and gradients provided by Instagram Story.
3D-touch for iPhone users (Haptic Touch)
When iPhone 6S introduced its 3D Touch technology in 2015, users could perform various things by long-pressing on their iPhone screen. Apple now calls this technology Haptic Touch, which has made many platforms integrate with it, including Instagram.
Haptic touch or 3D touch enables you to change your Instagram story background.
How to make a change to the background color of your Instagram story?
- Select the photo that you want to upload to your story.
- Tap on the paper airplane (send) icon under the photo. A pop-up appears.
- Tap on “Add post to your story.”
- Now, tap on the “pen” icon at the top-right.
- Choose the color you want from the palette at the bottom.
- Also, you can pick a color from the photo for a more exact match to the hue. To do so, tap on the color dropper at the bottom left corner of the screen, and drag your finger on the photo so you find your desired color.
- Use 3D or Haptic Touch by pressing down anywhere outside of the photo. Now the background color of your photo changes.
- When the background color is satisfying to you, you can tap on Done and continue customizing your story before publishing it.
Over to You
Although Instagram Stories’ options are way too much more than what an ordinary user expects, to some users these options seem too limited and unsatisfying.
However, with some creativity and bravery, you can always come up with new solutions for your Instagram Story and hand over the best result ever.